Saturday, January 31, 2015

Dietary Restrictions

SO, new diet restrictions were coupled with 5 days of eating nothing but applesauce, plain mashed potatoes, broth, bananas, white toast, crackers, and the occasional canned pear or tablespoon of peanut butter. I had a brief glimpse of savory when I consumed some contraband Chow Mien at Panda Express (because I wanted to spend time with a guy and my cousin and his girlfriend), but that was the whole of it.

I think, however, it is the doctors' way of helping me grateful that I can eat ANY food, rather than being sad about the next month or so without tomato products, dairy, anything fried or highly processed, only lowest fats and low sodium.
To be honest, I don't do a lot of fried or processed foods, anyway, nor do I eat high sugar or high sodium.
I will, however, miss my dairy--cream, milk sauces, butter, and cheeses are a huge part of my food life. Also tomatoes being gone is no fun, because I love tomato.
BUT, in the meantime, this gives me a GREAT opportunity to do the lactose-free and vegan sections of my Specialty Baking program! I've been needing to up my Vegan Cooking game, as well, so this will be a great opportunity to branch out a little.


Wild Mushroom and Sage infused olive oil + air-popped popcorn+sage +slight salt

I'm eating this right now. So yummy.


No comments: