Sunday, November 13, 2011

More on Food

So this afternoon, whilst I was attempting to decide on dinner menus for my pseudo-dinner-group (I cook for a guy from my past ward twice a week), a specialty menu (MSG-free) for a group of 7 (including me, who cannot eat dairy or eggs and only limited wheat), dessert ideas for Christmas gifts, and two party menus (appetizers, desserts, drinks for a Christmas open house for approximately 75 people; a 21-year-birthday party for my Beer cousin), I realized something.

I work with food a lot.

A lot, a lot.

The thing I don't do a lot of is use recipes, or measure things. This makes it mildly inconvenient to do a market order for other people to do my grocery shopping, or to track the amounts of food used to properly fill out a cost evaluation of a meal.

This led me to a few conclusions:

--I should marry someone who doesn't mind doing dishes.
--I should marry someone who likes food.
--I should marry someone who...well...I should marry someone, so I have someone to eat my food.

Also, perhaps I should two kitchens. That'd be nice.

This last point prompts me also to mention that, in how much I actually use food, I don't actually eat that much of it. Or perhaps I just don't eat very well. I don't really cook unless I'm feeding someone else, and by the time I've finished cooking, I'm not very hungry. Even if I don't snack while I'm cooking. Also, food tastes better using ingredients I'm allergic to, which is unfortunate.

Which makes me a little annoyed that I am the size that I am. I definitely look like a cook...I just don't eat like one.

Lamesauce.

I should eat more vegetables. And perhaps I should stop being broken, so I can get fit again.


1 comment:

:cassia marie: said...

positive thinking and imagery go a long way too, believe it or not! eating healthier and imagining the food to give you the nourishment it needs, picturing your body adjusting well, etc. just a thought.