Wednesday, November 16, 2011

noms

First: I made souffle Tuesday, for the first time. It turned out pretty well, though I burned the top just a tad. I would post pictures, but it was kind of ugly. So, I will go to Thai Pan trading, buy a souffle dish, and try it again. Then I will post pictures, when it is beautiful.



Also, I made delicious pomegranate-blueberry barbeque sauce and put it over steak and rice for lunch today. That was delicious, made more so because it was almost a disaster. It have about 5 times the vinegar it needed to, and so I negated some with citrus and some with sugar. I really need to write this recipe down, but not right now.

Mostly what that translates into is that I just loaded the pictures on to Facebook instead of here, anyway and I'm tired, I'm getting up in about 5 hours so as to prep dinner before class (And, you know, do the peer edit of a paper on Machiavelli's The Prince before it's due at 9:30am). Oh, college. How I love you.

I just found a method of cooking dulce de leche in a crock pot. Conveniently, I happened to have borrowed a six-quart crock pot from a guy friend of mine earlier this afternoon. How wonderfully marvelous!! I hope this works, and that my can of milk doesn't explode while I am attempting a peaceful night's rest.

I really do have more to my life than food. One of these days, I will post about something that is not food.

Today is not that day.


No comments: