Sunday, February 5, 2012

Real Love: illustrated

Today, I feel super loved.
 My roommate walked with me to church early to make sure I got there in time to settle out before the meeting started (even though she wasn't totally ready for church).

 I got to pay tithing (finally; I've been sick).

 The piano player in sacrament meeting really felt the music, and followed my lead, and asked how I was feeling.  


My home teacher and his best friend saw that I wasn't doing too well, and offered to walk me home (even though it took forever). They talked to me about their lives, their girl troubles, their school issues (he is a CS major, about to start his webcrawler...shudder) and their families. They stayed to make sure I was settled in.  
They are awesome. 

My friend Ben came over (with fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies!!) and lent a listening ear and some excellent advice. And a hug, which was great. 


My roommate, Adi, did a bunch of my dishes. 

My former roommates and current cousins, Caitlin and Tiana, brought me a giant bag filled with movies, books, magazines, and music, so I wouldn't get bored or lonely when I'm stuck on the couch. 

Those same cousins brought me a bunch of groceries yesterday so I didn't have to go to the store. 
My friend Kyle brought over some necessities that his wife, Eliza, picked up for me (that I had  forgotten to put on the list for Caitlin and Ti)

A bunch of people commented on their favorite place to eat out, for a project that I'm working on.

A bunch of friends from the ward wrote me nice notes, that someone delivered later this evening. 

My brother, Robert, called me a bunch of times til I was able to pick up, just because he wanted to catch up on life since the last time we talked. . . yesterday. :-)

:-) Yup. Definitely feeling very loved. :-) 




"True love blooms when we care more about another person than we care about ourselves. That is Christ's great atoning example for us, and it ought to be more evident in the kindness we show, the respect we give, and the selflessness and courtesy we employ in our personal relationships." --Jeffery R. Holland

No comments: