Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Valentine Tale

 So, once upon a time, I realized it was February 7th.


And I had to have a full order of Peanut Butter Bon Bons shipped to Rexburg in time for Valentines.



<--Oh noes!!
 How had time snuck up on me like that??


While normally just one order of bon-bons wouldn't be that big of a deal, with everything going on with my life lately, it felt like a very daunting task.


Who to call at such a time???
Obviously such a crisis required a super hero.
Or maybe two super heroes. 

Luckily, I had the best superheroes of all time at my disposal:
BATMAN

And me.
Duh.
 

So, I set to work. 
I made some pretty tasty bon-bons.

<--very special, shaped bon-bons, for 

                                                 very special people.



Some of them did not turn out as well. 
The Abomination.  This is why I need taste-testers, to get malformed candy out of my sight as soon as possible. ;-)


This time around, it took me a few days to get them done.   make the centers, sleep...shape the centers, sleep....dip the centers, sleep...look at them, go back to sleep...et cetera.




<<--Not feeling it.




But, I conquered, at length.




                                                                        So I put those chocolates inside of a box


and then I put that box inside of another box, and then I MAILED that box


...to these two. ^^

And then the prince got down on one knee...


and they lived happily ever after. 
Congrats, Cecilia and Brandon!!


Psh. And you thought *I* was the heroine of the story. ;-)


2 comments:

Cecilia said...

aaaaahhhhh Sabina!! You're the most awesome-est sister/cook in the world!! :D Those were very tasty and he loves them :)

:cassia marie: said...

YOU HAVE A BATMAN APRON??!?!?!?!