Friday, March 14, 2014

Sausage and Gravy

This time last week, I had a discussion with a Boy about the proper kinds of gravy. There are 3 kinds of gravy, and the Proper Gravy for Biscuits is a simple Sausage Gravy: sausage, drippings, roux, milk, salt and pepper.

Today, I was talking with my aunt, and suddenly she brought up, out of the blue, how last night she had an overwhelming craving for milk gravy and biscuits. And my "milk gravy," she means Sausage Gravy: sausage, drippings, roux, milk, salt, and pepper. She explained to me that that was the only way to make gravy for biscuits, didn't I know that??

....I had no idea this was such a Thing.

So, naturally, on my way home from the hospital today, I picked up a pound of country sausage, and made some Sausage Gravy: sausage, drippings, roux, milk, salt and pepper. And ate it over buttermilk biscuits.

It was delicious. I don't know if I did it "right," but it was yummy.


No comments: