Friday, June 8, 2012

Poem That I Wrote

It is going to take longer than I have time for to write down all of the AWESOMENESS that was today. So, I will spend what time I do have basking in said awesomeness, and will leave you to ponder this poem that I wrote. (Yes, this is a re-posting from about this time last year.  But it's still good). I will fill you in on more, later. I have two posts drafted; I suppose I have been too wrapped up in living life an have been slacking on reporting it.

Poem:


Isaiah’s Christ: Shepherd, Warrior, Judge, and King
A Sestina
Jehovah comes from Edom in his might 
One by one, with outstretched arms, He gathers
Those who, with humble hearts, would call him LORD.
He, who earth and hearts hath mulled and weighted,
Assessed the earth’s great waters in his Hand
And tells the cov’nant people to behold--

To lift their eyes on high, and first behold
Then follow Him with heart and mind and might.
Oh, Israel, hath God yet shortened his hand?
Hath He grown tired? Nay, but still He gathers
Sinners’ hearts. The hills Jehovah weighted
With a scale; “The winepress,” saith Christ your LORD,

“I hath trodden alone. I am the LORD;
My crimson robes a victory to behold,
For I looked and, being alone, I weighted
Down the winepress in my fury and might.
Now with tender mercy will I gather
And cover thee in shadow of my hand.”

Yahweh shall hold thee up in His right hand,
That all the nations know I AM your LORD.
The dumb idols burn, Jehovah gathers
Those who would His covenanted be. Hold
fast to Him by whose power and might
is thy salvation, thy judgment weighted.

Your Jeshua with patience hath waited, and
borne all thy sins with the nails in His hands,
That in his latter coming, all earth might
Know that salvation cometh through the LORD.
For when the mighty angel cries “Behold,
A white horse, and He who rides shall gather

His people,” the heaven’s armies gather
Behind Him who with rightness hath weighted
And made war. Look up, oh Israel! Behold
His vesture dipped in blood, His outstretched hands.
He is called King of Kings, and LORD of Lords,
Who comes to thee in power and in might.

Raise your eyes, lift your voice, behold His might,
And blessed be those who wait on the LORD.
The shepherd gathers Israel in His hand.

No comments: